18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
19 Do not quench the Spirit.
20 Do not treat prophecies with contempt
21 but test them all; hold on to what is good,
22 reject every kind of evil.
23 May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
24 The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it.
Grace is expressed through practical Christ living.
(1) Rejoice always–we can live in joy regardless of our circumstance rejoicing is the lifting up of our soul above adversity to magnify God and focus on our mission.
(2) Pray continually–This is saying we never close off communication with the Lord, and it gives us the thought of someone who has a chronic cough they do it without planning or thinking about it.
(3) In everything give thanks for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.–The will of God begins with thanksgiving it is to give thanks in everything no matter what it looks like we can then properly focus on Him and find God’s remedy for negativity.
(4) Quench not the spirit–“Do not put out the light of the spirit” He must always be in charge because He knows the end from the beginning even though He may not fit our logic or tradition.
(5) Despise not Prophesying’s— “Do not hold prophesy in low esteem” (knox) prophesy must not be criticized, but we can war a good warfare with the prophetic gifts.
(6) Prove all things hold fast to that which is good. –Test everything and cling to the good we must not be gullible with prophesy but teachable if it is good and gives God glory retain it if not let go of it.
(7) Abstain from all appearance of evil— This means to avoid that which brings harm and causes injury to others.