“10 things about the Anointing”
(1) Christ means anointed one, Christ living His life through us is called the anointing.
(2) The anointing is God’s grace working through us to do what we cannot naturally do.
(3) The anointing is not limited to good preaching or spiritual service it enables us to live and fulfil God’s purpose for our lives as business people, parents, social workers etc. etc.
(4) The anointing abides in us and must be released from us, but condemnation, fear, and self effort will hinder the flow of the anointing
(5) The anointing is corporate it is called the body of Christ or the body of the anointing it is what accomplishes God’s plan in the earth. Now anti-Christ means instead of or against the anointing.
(6) Gethsemane means olive press where the anointing oil came from and it was mixed with various spices (Ex.30) this is the garden where Jesus said “not my will but thine be done” Therefore the anointing is discovered when we offer our will to the will of the father.
(7) In bible times it was customary for a host to anoint the head of the guest for entertainment (this speaks of praise and worship) the absence of it was a symbol of mourning, the presence of it was a symbol of joy also it was customary after a bath. (speaking of the cleansing of the word )
(8) In Psalms 23 The Lord our shepherd anoints the sheep’s head with oil this is to keep the flies or insects away flies speak of harassment of the accuser who is called Beelzebub meaning the lord of the flies, also he was called Beelzebul meaning lord of the dunghill.
(9) Our head being anointed with oil is when we have put on the mind of Christ. We have been given His thoughts by grace & faith through His finished work.
(10) The anointing flows down from the head The Lord Jesus Christ and we are partakers of His anointing
Scott Stimson Sr.