A Prophetic People ~
A prophetic people are not known by much prophesying, visions, dreams, and predictions, although all of these do accompany a prophetic people, their focus is on Christ and His Kingdom.
Proverbs 29:18(a) — Where there is no vision (prophetic revelation), the people perish (cast off restraint). The context of this passage has to do with child rearing — Correct your son, and he will give you rest; yes, he will give delight to your heart.
This helps us to see beyond the un-disciplined nature of a child and into the beauty of a mature son. Prophetic revelation will keep us on course and moving forward in the right direction individually and corporately.
7 Attributes Of A Prophetic People –
(1) — They re-present Jesus to the nations — The nations have had a view of Jesus that is marred by religion and tradition yet they have not seen Him in grace and truth.
(2) – They make known the heart of the Father — His heart is for His children, and to make His Glory known throughout the whole earth.
(3) – They have a limitless vision — As it was said to Abraham, “look in all directions, and as far as you can see I have given it to you.”
(4) – They are a people of passion, not casual-ism — casual-ism is the doctrine that ‘chance prevails in all things’. We don’t live by chance, but our pursuit is the Person and Principles of Jesus.
(5) – They live by the New Covenant faith of Jesus — His faith has already defeated every enemy we could ever face including death.
(6) – They are a people of rest living from the finished work of Christ — The battle we are in He has already won, and we now live out of His victory and come to rest in His death, burial, and resurrection.
(7) – They are obsessed with His presence — In His presence is fullness of joy and at His right hand, there are pleasures forevermore. There is nothing on earth that compares to the presence of God filling our mind, emotions, and will.
Scott Stimson Sr.