Oh, foolish Galatians! “Who has cast an evil spell on you”? For the meaning of Jesus Christ’s death was made as clear to you as if you had seen a picture of his death on the cross. Gal.3:1 NLT
It always amazes me and I have experienced it personally the soul can be taken over by a seducing spirit either in a twisted relational way or in a religious way.
A seducing spirit may come through an individual or a group male or female It is not always sexual but mostly greedy It can be religious very dangerous and should be recognized, exposed and then shunned.
Definitions= Something that attracts, especially with the (promise) of pleasure or reward
Seduction is frequently used more broadly as a synonym for the act of charming someone–male or female–by an appeal to the senses
It needs us to listen to it.
Nehemiah in scripture refused to talk with his enemies because their approach was to seduce him to stop his work.
7 ways to recognize a Seducing Spirit / Anyone of these things or all of them
(1) It is flattery combined with a measure of charm, arrogance and charisma…which makes for a dangerous recipe.
In Prov. 7, the harlot had most of the ingredients of the anointing spices, with flattery and talk, she seduced a young man with no understanding.
(2) It will not take “no” for an answer and it will be persistent much like Potiphar’s wife, she pursued Joseph daily then turned on him when she could not get him to turn to her (Gen.39) so is the way of this spirit if it cannot get you to submit it will turn on you.
(3) It will choose to manipulate you or may turn to others to do it for them rather than to cooperate and communicate in an open manner It will attempt to isolate you from others you love in order to control you.
(4) It brings pressure to get you to violate your conscience or to break down your principles.
(5) It will focus on your weaknesses and then play upon them it wants to have power over you.
(6) It has the ability through our blind spots or hurts to cast a spell upon us–to send us into confusion and disillusionment.
(7) It is self absorbed and proud though it may appear humble It is very insecure yet may appear confident It is a taker but may appear to be a giver.
Scott Stimson Sr.