Romans 12:2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
Notice in this verse do not and be, the do not has to do with our resistance to the way the world thinks, but our be is to yield to the transforming work of the Holy Spirit.
Secondly we cannot properly discern the stages of His will until ours minds have went through the process from a worm to a butterfly (metamorphosis or transformation) into the intimate knowing of who we are In Christ Jesus.
While God can’t and will not change we will change as we awaken to who we are as sons of God this is our true identity, and then we will find that he makes changes that we through our own will power could never do.
7 areas of change
If we are growing as a person then we are changing
(1) Our minds— we can always improve our thinking by increasing our knowledge wisdom and understanding both spiritually and naturally, most of the time we fill our minds with junk food this causes us to be sick and discouraged.
The world programs us to sleep in order to accomplish it’s will by controlling our minds through TV movies news media, entertainment, religion, sports etc.etc. we are brain washed to be numb to reality.
(2) Our environment—light removes darkness, life swallows up death, pull the curtains back from our soul let light shine in, and surround yourself with peace, joy and a people of a healthy influence.
If we tolerate death and darkness in our surroundings we will have the fruit of death and darkness in our lives.
(3) Our Garments— garments speaks of vision and effort both mentally and emotionally take off self effort, anxiety, codependency and worry.
I found in the church through continued abuse of authority and submission that people become codependent on their leaders to the point they can’t really function without their leaders approval,
it is kind of like spiritual communism with the pastor being a mini dictator, but that is abuse no matter how you slice it, people need to be free to discover their own potential, and not be a slave of a system that lifts up one by putting down another, lets put on the Lord Jesus Christ and his perfect rest.
(4) Seasons– this comes with the understanding of our times, and relationships–ploughing, planting, waiting, nurturing, and harvest if you are in a divine season don’t try to rush it,
if you do you will only frustrate yourself because the season is not going to change because of our impatience.
(5) Geography–most of the time it is our outlook that needs to change not our location, changing locations can be a sign of discontentment Deut. 28:67 says discontentment is a curse under the law, but the good news Jesus took that curse so we can be content and happy.
Changing geography may very well be part of God’s plan for some and they will not be able to stay in one place forever, consider a soldier, a missionary,the Apostle Paul for example;
Even my own life which has been confirmed prophetically many times for years that my home regardless of where my house is located is the body of Christ it is my home, I have had to be mobile flexible and adaptable in order to fulfill that calling.
(6) Plans– plans must be flexible because they are subject to change they are a means to an end not the end, but they are to be guided by integrity and they are to be subject to Godly council.
Many are the plans in a man’s heart, but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails. Pro.19:21
(7) How we see ourselves— most of the time it is in a false identity rooted in Adam who we are after the flesh, not in Christ which is who we are after the spirit.
Experiences and words of others well meaning or not have shaped how we see ourselves, in this case we need to exchange, vanity for glory, our own way for his way, religion for relationship and remove all the excuses why it cannot be done.
Scott Stimson Sr.