1 Thess 5:16-23
(1) Rejoice evermore–We can make an eternal decision to live in joy regardless of our circumstances.
(2) Pray without ceasing–This is saying we never close off communication with the Lord, and it gives the thought of someone who has a chronic cough they do it without planning or thinking about it.
(3) In everything give thanks for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.–The will of God is to give thanks in everything no matter what it looks like we can rise above the problems by giving thanks in the midst of it.
(4) Quench not the spirit–“Do not put out the light of the spirit” He must always be in charge because He knows the end from the beginning even though He may not fit our logic or tradition.
(5) Despise not Prophesyings– “Do not hold prophesy in low esteem” (knox) prophesy must not be criticized, but we can war a good warfare with the prophetic gifts.
(6) Prove all things hold fast that which is good. –Test everything and cling to the good we must not be gullible with prophesy, but teachable, if it is good hold on to it.
(7) Abstain from all appearance of evil– This means to avoid that which harms are causes injury to others.
Scott Stimson Sr.