“I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless, I live yet it’s not I that lives, but Christ who lives in me, and the life I now live in the flesh, I live by the faith of the son of God who loved me and gave Himself for me.” Gal.2:20
But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit. 1 Cor. 6:19 (niv)
It is one thing for us to know Jesus historically and another to know him presently revealed in us it is then our religious struggles fade away and we realize they were the result of not knowing Him as he is.
(Gal.1:15-16) But when God, who set me apart from my mother’s womb and called me by his grace, was pleased 16 to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, my immediate response was not to consult any human being.
“When He is revealed TO us he changes us, but when He is revealed IN us He replaces us”.
“7 areas of Union that we have with Him; what He did we also did “in Him”.
(1) Death– when He died so did we our old identity died all that was connected to an old creation of sin darkness and death, He did not just die for us but as us, In death He took away sin. (Col.3:1)
(2) Burial–when He was buried so were we meaning he removed the first Adam then absorbed us into Christ, This is where he takes away the memory or consciousness of the sin it is not who you are. (Rom.6:4)
(3) Resurrection–a cross without a resurrection is lifeless religion,we were raised with Him into a brand new creation we were made alive and made to stand up out from among the dead we are Christ’s head and body. (Rev.1:18)
(4) Ascension–when he ascended so did we far above all things far above the old life of defeat and shame far above death and hell. (Eph.1:21)
(5) Seating– when he set down so did we as one with him showing the work has been accomplished and all enemies are defeated now we have moved into a posture of rest. (Eph.2:6)
(6) Marriage–we are “now” married to Him we are his wife not just a bride in waiting or a ceremonial bride we have full covenant rights to all that is his now; we have a relationship not just a religion. (Rom.7:1-2)
(7) The Throne (seat of authority)–our identity is that of a king and we rule with Him in and from His throne having been brought into kingdom authority as one. (Rom.5:17)
Scott Stimson Sr.