Proverbs 16:11 (Amplified Bible)
A just balance and scales are the Lord’s; all the weights of the bag are His work [established on His eternal principles].
Everything in the universe depends upon balance without it we have total destruction.
God in His wisdom gave us two feet, two hands, two eyes, two legs, two ears, two kidneys etc.etc. and Jesus sent out His disciples two by two for the purpose of balance,
and if two of you agree on earth as touching anything it shall be done for them of my father who is in heaven. Mt.18:18
In the epistles of Paul he spent time writing about our position in Christ, then he would spend time talking about our walk among men. “Jesus is both Son of God and Son of Man”.
When we hear wrongly or get distracted from God’s purpose we get out of balance, which causes us to think we are hearing God and it is just our own soul. Undisciplined desires can cause us to hear voices that sound like God but bring anxiety and fear showing it was not from Him.
7 Marks of a Balanced life:
(1) —Integrity before God and man:
1. Definition–quality of state of being complete; unbroken condition; wholeness; entirety
2. the quality of state of being unimpaired; perfect condition; soundness
3. the quality or state of being of sound moral principle; uprightness, honesty, and sincerity.
(2)—Peacefulness and Rest—Tranquility instead of confusion or turmoil that may be all around us.
(3)—Liberty— Not given to legalism; liberty has an ability to reject guilt and condemnation and does not play God with people or feel the need to be God’s police enforcement.
(4)—Moderation—Not given to extremes; there is no need to try to prove a point, many times I think we argue because we are trying to convince ourselves what we believe is true..
(5) —Soundness of mind— 2 Tim.1:7 God has not given us a spirit of fear but a well disciplined mind He gave us power & love, notice power and love gifts and fruit, life & light; Son of man-Son of God; Matthew-lion,Mark-ox,Luke-man, John-eagle.
(6)— Vision— The ability to see what others cannot see and with positive attitude move forward.
(7)—Understanding of the times–This frees us from the fears of tomorrow and the regrets of the past in order to make sound judgments for today.
A balanced mind doesn’t get caught up in the doom and gloom predictions of men because we have an abiding hope and we know the greatness of our God in every situation at any time and in any place.