It is important that all prophesy flow out of an understanding of the finished work of Jesus Christ and the spirit of grace, It should be magnifying him not exalting an individual, particular group, culture, or geographical location, that would be enthusiasm but not the Holy Spirit.
10 Different Kinds Of Prophesy:
(1) Elementary—-Simple utterance to edify exhort and comfort—or to build up stir up, and cheer up. 1 Cor12:10
(2) General—–To the whole body in general….For the same reason as #1
(3) Personal—-To a certain individual or Individuals
(4) Predictive—Predicts the future “Example you will “
(5) Directive—-Gives specific direction “Example go now” This should only be done with full accountability and responsibility for what we say, meaning if we tell someone to do something we should be ready to support the mission especially if the word we give them cost them financially.
(6) Righteous Judgment— this is not condemnation of a believer but that which intervenes in the case of someone hindering the gospel it is rare and it flows from within the church walking in Covenant and in the presence of true apostles and prophets
It comes with a purpose of the furtherance of the Kingdom of God Acts 5 ; Acts 13:11 most judgmental prophesies are soulish based with an old covenant mentality on a negative view of life.
(7) Poetic—-Utterance that rhymes or is given as poetry.
(8) Written—–Prophesy inspired in writing not contradicting the written word.
(9) Creative—–Utterance that decrees something that is not yet revealed to cause it to be manifested.
(10) Spiritual songs- Song of the Lord is from the Lord to His people for the purpose of bringing them into rest and in a response the song of praise which is the result of rest these are spontaneous. ( 2 Chor.29:27)