“We even saw giants there, the descendants of Anak. We felt like grasshoppers next to them, and that’s what we looked like to them!”
Moses sent out 12 spies into the land to see who was there and what was there.
10 spies came back with an evil report, they were blinded by how they saw themselves and how they saw the giants…. The vision of themselves was that of grasshoppers ( insignificant, no ability to overcome and limited to the flesh).
Joshua and Caleb had another spirit; simply put they saw themselves accurately Caleb said ” We are well able to go up at once and possess the land; we will eat them as bread ( in other words they are breakfast for champions ) eventually they did lead a younger generation into the land and possessed it.
The vision we have of ourselves, will be the picture others will have of us, and that includes our adversaries.
What Has Shaped Our View Of Ourselves:
(1) How we see God— The view we have of God be that true or false is what we become like.
(2) What others in authority over us have said to us—parents, pastors, teachers, employers anyone who has had authority in our lives has the power to shape the view we have of ourselves.
(3) Our world—-relationships, abuse, failures, accomplishments etc.etc. “Rom 12 :2 JB Phillips translation–Don’t let the worldsqueeze you into its mold.” simply saying don’t let your world experiences of your life squeeze you into its mold.
Changing our view:
(1) By the renewing (renovation) of our mind—-changing the way we think about God others ourselves and the purpose of life.
(2) Create positive surroundings that reinforce our true identity in Christ.
( 3 ) Start living out of the truth that liberates—We never experience freedom until we understand we are already free through what Jesus did for and as us.